Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days. Path recommended for people who do not have much time and want to enjoy this experience and live the magic of the Inca citadel Machu Picchu. Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4 days, one of the 6 alternate routes where the diversity mix on the route is impressive. The Salkantay mountain of 6,217.00 meters above sea level, is one of the most sacred apus, or sacred peaks. It is still revered today in traditional Andean religion enjoy this experience with the best Pacha Expeditions. for that reason we offer this program, salkantay trek to machu picchu 4 days
The Incas were great master builders of trails that traveled through South America, from cusco and many of these are found on the coast, mountains and jungle. In Cusco there are now alternative routes to the classic Inca Trail to reach Machu Picchu. Pacha Expeditions offers the best hiking alternatives, salkantay Trek to Machu picchu 4 dyas, most of which do not require permits and can be arranged through any certified company. Some of these hikes are available a day in advance. salkantay trek to machu picchu 4 days.
Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4 days a good option, so you can enjoy the famous trail and the Inca city of Machupicchu, this alternative is good because you will have a wonderful experience in salkantay tek to machu picchu 4 days
*Difficulty level depends very much on your fitness and acclimatization.
- Starting altitude – 2900 9515 m.
- Higher altitude – 4650 15.200 m
- Total distance – 60.5 km / 37.5 miles
- Longest Day – Day 2, approx 21 km / 13 miles
- Coldest night – 1st around 0 degrees Celsius
- Meals – Breakfast /Lunch / Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping/ hostel
- Difficulty – difficult / Moderate
Overview Day to Day
- Day 01: MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
- Day 02: APU SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN
- Day 03: CLOUD FOREST – HIDRO – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Day 04: MACHU PICCHU CITY – CUSCO
*The train service on all tours includes (Expedition to Ollanta) and bus to Cusco.
* If you want to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes have to tell us in advance to arrange your hotel and modify the train service return, the camps mentioned in the program are referential as it depends on the time and date of reservation and Availability of the Ministry of Culture-Cusco
* Campsites are subject to approval by the decentralized department of the Ministry of Culture and also depends a lot of time in your reservation, therefore, the above fields are for reference.
DAY 01: MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
Very early we pick you up from your hotel (4.00.am) and travel by private bus approximately 03 hours to the town of Mollepata (2,700.msnm) where we will make a stop for breakfast and use the bathrooms and our cook to be able to make the last purchases in this place. After breakfast on our transport to Challacancha, where from. We will begin the hike of salkantay to Machu Picchu for 4 days, we will begin our walk approximately, for 3 hours by a beautiful path of a varied flora until arriving at Soraypampa (3,800.msnm) to have lunch with panoramic views of the snowy mountains (Humantay , 5700 Meters Salkantay, 6271.msnm) in the afternoon we will visit the Humantay Lagoon very close to the camp. Overnight
- Meals: Lunch – tea – dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Minimum altitude 2700 masl
- Maximum altitude: 3850 masl
- Distance: 11km / 9miles
- Time: 5h approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 02: SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN – CHAULLAY
We will get up very early, since it is the most difficult and long day of the whole trip, we will have breakfast at 5.30 am, and then we will start our hike approximately 3 hours uphill along a path with beautiful views to reach the Salkantay Pass ( 4650 m / 15,200 ft) located between two huge mountains, with perpetual snow, where the landscape and the views of the Andean mountain range is spectacular.
Here we will have a break, and then continue our walk (downhill) through a rocky road to Huayracpampa (4,000 masl) where we will have our lunch. After lunch and a well deserved rest, we will continue walking through a cloud forest with a diversity of plants and animals, here we will have time to rest and take pictures, continuing downhill we will arrive at our camp, Chaullay (3000 m / 9800 ft). the option of using hot showers. Dinner and overnight
- Meals: Breakfast – lunch – tea – dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Minimum altitude: 2920 masl
- Maximum altitude: 4650 masl
- Distance: 21km / 13.5 miles
- Time: 9h about
- Difficult: challenge
Day 3: CHAULLAY – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
we will wake up later than usual, we will have our breakfast around 6:00 am, we will begin our walk through a tropical area observing a variety of flora and fauna along an extremely calm road, towards the beach, place of our lunch, through the Valley of Lluscamayo. We will walk for about 5 hours, we can observe orchids, avocado trees and taste the famous passion fruit or passion fruit. After lunch on the beach, we will take a local transport to the hydroelectric station. Here we have two options if you are exhausted you can take a train to Aguas Calientes or you can walk from the hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes for 3 hours along the railway. In the town of Aguas Calientes we will have our accommodation in the hotel. Dinner and overnight.
- Meals: Breakfast – lunch – dinner.
- Lodging: Hotel
- Minimum altitude: 1500 masl
- Maximum altitude: 2040 masl
- Distance: 22.km/14 miles
- Time: about 7.h
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 4: MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
We will have breakfast at the hotel and then go to the bus station and can board the first bus in the direction of the city, approximately 25 minutes by a zigzag path to reach the Inca citadel Machu Picchu. The guide will offer a visit (about 2 hours) and after that, you have free time to explore the city and if you still have energy, you can also climb Huayna Picchu mountain (2720m / 8.923ft). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
To return to Aguas Calientes have 2 options, walking or bus (optional) where you will meet your guide back for lunch and receive his train ticket to return to the city of Cusco.
The train service that includes all the tours (the Expedition to Ollanta) and bus to Cusco.
* If you want to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes you have to tell us in advance to arrange your hotel and change the return train service.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Maximum height: 2, 440 masl
- Difficulty: Easy.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up from hotel
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu (Wayna Picchu Optional)
- Cook and * 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners (breakfast on day 1 and dinner and lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes are not included)
- Tents for 2 people
- Sleeping mattresses
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment and up to 05 kilos of belongings of tourists)
- Accommodation, 1 night in Aguas Calientes
- Train back to Ollantaytambo: 2.55.p.m and bus to the city of Cusco.
- Extra oxygen bottle and first aid kit
- * Options Vegetarian / special diet available.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Breakfast the first day
- Sleeping bag
- Lunch last day
- Expenses extras.(tips)
** Train included in all tours is Ollanta Expeditions) the train schedule is confirmed only after payment of the full amount of the tour. The first train to be 14.55.pm and the last train at 18:20 .pm PACHA EXPEDITIONS, arrange transport back to Cusco (by taxi or bus).
Note: The train schedules are subject to change depending on Peru Rail time table and availability. If pre-arranged, the train can be called up to Vista Dome (larger than the Expedition train windows) for a higher price.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport and student card
- Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- T hat and gloves comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Water purification tablets optional water (Micropur recommended)
- Personal medications
- Camera and film
- Flashlight with extra batteries
* To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a university card, with current and updated date
* If desired train back to Cusco can be upgraded to Vistadome (+$.30)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO TAKE:
- Walking stick
- Extra money
- Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa teresa or/and in Aguas Calientes town -not included in price-
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Hire of sleeping bag U.$25
- Walking sticks U$.20
- Daypacks U$.15
- Single Tent U$.35
Machu Picchu es asombro, su historia, los lugares que debes pasar previo a su llegada, las vistas y la guía de Javier como parte de Pacha Expeditions, excelente. Si desean... read more
January 6, 2021
Fuimos bien asistidos en todos los tours. Personal muy serio y confiable. Recomendamos Pacha Espeditions a todos los que quieran ver todos los lugares de interés de la región de... read more
March 10, 2020
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries