Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days, a good hiking alternative, to enjoy the magic of the Andes, where you can enjoy nature and wonderful landscapes. In Spanish it means “Small Cusco.” Located in the province of Calca, and the Sacred Valley of the Incas, located at an altitude of 3,600 meters above sea level. Built in the government of the Inca wiracocha, huchuy qosqo trek 2 days, it is a new hiking alternative, this place is strategically located on the hill of the mountain.
You can see a variety of buildings, some of stone, some of adobe, in the Inca era had communication with the city of Cusco through the Inca Trail. (around 1450) After the Inca Revolution of Manco, huchuy qosqo trek 2 days, it is a recommended tour for those people who love nature and like to walk, it extends through the sacred valley of the Incas and part of the mountain range of The Andes.
*Difficulty level depends very much on your fitness and acclimatization
- Distance: 17 Km
- Duration: 1 Days trek
- When to go: April to November.
- Altitude: 3,700 m to 4,400 m
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
Overview Day to Day
- Day 1: CUSCO – CHINCHERO – LAMAY – AGUAS CALIENTES:
- Day 2: MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
Day 1.- CUSCO – CHINCHERO – LAMAY – AGUAS CALIENTES:
Huchuy Qosqo hike. We will pick you up early from your hotel in our private transport, we will leave the city of Cusco, in the direction of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, to arrive at the town of Chinchero and its community of Tauca at 3750 meters above sea level.
Here will begin our walk It will be 2 hours to reach the highest point called Huchoy Qosqo pass 4050 meters above sea level. On the way we see part of the Andes mountain chain, after the pass, it will be only 15 minutes of descent to reach the most amazing Canyon of all roads, this is a rocky canyon where the Inca trail crosses. with some beautiful Inca bridges.
It will be a gradual descent walk of 1.20 hours, to reach the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco), Wiraccocha Palace. your specialized guide will show you all the places that comprise this beautiful place located in the highest part of the mountain with views of the sacred valley, before lunch.
Afterwards we will walk downhill the last leg of the 1.5 hour trail to reach Lamay, where we will take our private transport, to go to Ollantaytambo. Where we will have dinner and then we will board the train at 19:00. p.m, we will have a 2-hour drive to reach the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night (Hostal 3 stars).
- Meals: Lunch & dinner
- Hiking time: 7 hours
- Tourist transportations to Ollantatytambo
- Accomodation: Hotel
Day 2.- MACHU PICCHU – TO – CUSCO.
After breakfast, take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu (first come, first serve – as a shuttle service) to enjoy the dawn (if the weather permits). You will begin your guided tour of 2 hours and at the end, you will have free time to explore on your own and immerse yourself in the magical energies of this mystical place.
If you bought the entrance tickets to the Waynapicchu mountain in advance, you will be able to climb the mountain, otherwise you will have more time to visit the Inca city. Once you are done exploring the Machu Picchu complex on your own, take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
Here we will have time to have lunch and then walk to the train station to board the return train, from Aguas Calientes to the Ollantaytambo station. Our company representative will be waiting for you outside the Ollantaytambo train station, from here you will board the return transportation to the city of Cusco and your hotel.
- Meals: breakfast
- Tickets: included
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private transportation from and to your hotel
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu, Continental or similar)
- First-aid including emergency oxygen bottle
- Huayna Picchu ticket (U$.50 – optional)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Any meal not specified
- 1 way bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes… It can be hiked.
- Optional tips for the staff
- Notes: Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What to bring?
- Small backpack with rain shelter (30 or 40 litters is well enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho and a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol, gel, and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money in soles
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Walking sticks U$.20
- Daypacks U$.15
*CONDITIONS FOR THE WAYNAPICCHU AND MACHUPI PICCHU MOUNTAIN
PLEASE SEE: OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND F.A.Qs
Price & Add – ons
Group: U$: 450
Private: U$: 550
Group versus Private Treks: What’s the difference?
- Depending on the number of people in your booking, additional people may join the trek to make a full group.
- If you choose “private”, no additional people will be joining your group, no matter the size.
- Minimum booking size is two people; one person may book a group trek if Pacha Expeditions Travel Peru, is able to join that person with additional groups.
- Under 18 years Discount: U$: 20
- Under 07 years Discount: U$: 35
- Hiking poles – U$: 10 (pair)
- Return Vistadome train – U$: 50 per person
- Return Hiram Bingham train– U$: 380 per person
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel (5-star hotel) – U$: 245 Per person
- Tierra viva Machu Picchu (3+ star hotel) – U$: 50 Per person
Muchas gracias por los servicios prestados, quedamos muy satisfechos y regresamos muy contentos a nuestra ciudad, recomendaremos por su trabajo a nuestros familiares y amigos, fue un placer conocerlos y... read more
June 11, 2019
Fuimos bien asistidos en todos los tours. Personal muy serio y confiable. Recomendamos Pacha Espeditions a todos los que quieran ver todos los lugares de interés de la región de... read more
March 10, 2020
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries