The most famous road in South America, which is visited by thousands of people. This premium inca trail to machu picchu 5 days, is very different from the classic inca trail, away from the big groups, visit each archaeological complex with more time and enjoy the landscape. cloudy forests with a variety of flora and fauna this trip is recommended for groups of families with children or groups of adults who want to enjoy this walk, pass through the town of Machu Picchu enjoying its hot springs, and rest in a hotel , so that the last day visit the Inca city with lots of energy and explore each corner. This is one of the most famous and amazing trekking routes in the world.
When booking the Preimum Inca Trail to Machu picchu 5 days, with PACHA EXPEDITIONS TRAVEL PERU, you are choosing the best. Check our reviews on TripAdvisor, Pacha Expeditions- Day Tours.
It is recommended to book the Inca Trail at least 4 months in advance, because this is the most famous road in South America and many people want to do.
- Starting Altitude – 2720m / 8920ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4217m / 13,780ft.
- Walking Distance – 45km / 26 miles
- Longest Day – Day 3, approx 16km / 9.9 miles
- Coldest Night – Day 2 around 0º Celsius
- Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Acomodation – Camping & Hotel.
- Overall Difficulty – Moderate
Overview Day to Day
- Day 01.- Cusco – Km 82 – Patallacta.
- Day 02.- Patallacta – Wayllabamba – Llulluchapampa
- Day 03.- Llulluchapampa – Pacaymayo – Phuyupatamarca
- Day 04.- Phuyupatamarca – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Day 05.- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
* Note:Level of difficulty depends a lot on your fitness and acclimatization.
*The train service on all tours includes (Expedition to Ollanta) and bus to Cusco.
* If you want to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes have to tell us in advance to arrange your hotel and modify the train service return, the camps mentioned in the program are referential as it depends on the time and date of reservation and Availability of the Ministry of Culture-Cusco
* Campsites are subject to approval by the decentralized department of the Ministry of Culture and also depends a lot of time in your reservation, therefore, the above fields are for reference.
Day 01 – Cusco – Km 82 to Wayllabamba.
We pick you up at 6:00 am at your hotel, then continue on our private bus to Ollantaytambo passing through the villages of Chinchero and part of the Inca sagardo valley to reach Ollantaytambo, here we will have a stop to make
the last purchases. We continue towards Km. 82, place of the official control of the Inca road. Here we need to show the passport or document with which you made your reservation. Here we started walking for 3 hours towards Patallacta (2,650 m / 8,747 ft) to have lunch and establish our first camp. In the afternoon, we will explore the amazing archaeological site of Patallacta enjoying all its constructions and enjoy all the landscape that surrounds it. Overnight
- Meals: Lunch, snack, tea and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping
- Distance: 06.km
- Difficulty: Easy / moderate.
Day 02.- Patallacta – Wayllabamba – Llulluchapampa.
We will get up at 6:30 a.m, here we will have a delicious breakfast, then we will start walking through the valley of Kusichaca with a gradual rise, enjoying a great variety of flora and fauna, we will arrive at Wayllabamba for lunch. After lunch and a short break we will start to climb a moderate hill for 4 hours through the Llullucha Valley to reach our second camp that is at (3,800 m / 12,537 ft), here in the afternoon we will have our tea, enjoying Beautiful views on the mountain.
- Meals: Breakfast, water, lunch, snack, tea and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping
- Distance: 11km
- Difficulty: Moderate / challenge.
Day 03.- Llulluchapampa – Pacaymayo – Phuyupatamarca
It will be the longest day of our trip. And the most beautiful, after a delicious breakfast, we will walk uphill for two hours to reach the highest point of the trip: the Warmiwañusca Pass or the Dead Woman Pass, located at (4,215 m). From here, we can enjoy the spectacular views and variety of microclimates, mountains, beautiful valleys and a great variety of flora and fauna. Here we will have a time to enjoy a beautiful view, we will descend for two hours to Pacaymayo for lunch. Afterwards we will ascend to the archaeological site of Runcurakay (3,800 m / 12,540 ft). Here we will have a brief explanation and then we will continue walking until the second pass of Runcurakay (3,977 m / 13,127 ft). Here, we will once again enjoy the breathtaking views, the mountains and the surroundings and a beautiful lake. Continuing our journey, we descend for an hour to the next archaeological site of Sayacmarca (3,600 m / 11,877 ft). From here we continue for two more hours until our third camp in Phuyupatamarca located at (3,650 m / 12,047 ft). Walking through a cloudy forest, observing a great variety of orchids and enjoying the Machu Picchu mountain and impressive Inca constructions, the Urubamba river canyon and the mountains with snow that surround it.
- Meals: Breakfast, water, lunch, snack, tea and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping.
- Difficulty: moderate
- Distance: 15km
Day 04.- Phuyupatamarca- Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
The highlight of our trip is the most anticipated of our trek. We will get up with the sun for breakfast, then we start the hike with a 2 hours descent by an Inca stairs to the archaeological site of Intipata, from here we continue to Wiñay wayna (2,650 m / 8,747 ft) for lunch. After, we will visit the impressive Inca construction of Wiñay Wayna, then continue for an hour to the Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,977 ft), here we can enjoy the panoramic view of Machu Picchu. Then we descend for an hour to the wonder of the world, the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will make a small visit, then we will board our bus to Aguas Calientes to find our hotel and enjoy the thermal baths. Dinner and overnight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and drinking water.
- Accommodation: Hotel – Aguas Calientes.
- Distance: 6km
- Difficulty: Easy
Day 05.- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Our breakfast will be early, then board the first bus in the direction of the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Once inside the citadel, we can observe the sunrise, here we will have a guided tour of 2 hours with free time to explore, take photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu Mountain or climb again to Puerta del Sol. We will return to the town of Aguas Calientes for a leisurely lunch and at 16:22 pm, we will board our train back to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco, arriving at the hotel in the afternoon around 20.00.pm
- Meals: Breakfast
- Distance: 3.km by Bus
- Difficulty: Easy
WHAT IS INCLUDED (Classic Inca Trail)
- Briefing at your Hotel; It will be done the night before at 6.00pm
- Pick up at your hotel to begin your trek
- Private transport from Cusco to Piscacucho (starting the trek)
- 4 season Kayla Tents, (Large & Comfortable)
- Thick Comfortable Foam Mattresses
- Professional English speaking guides experienced in the mountains & knowledgeable of Inca History
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian diets or other dietary needs upon prior request)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Porter to carry tents, food and cooking equipment
- Extra porter for your belongings, it means you will need only a day backpack to carry what you will need during day!
- Hot water for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
- Admission Ticket to the Preimum Inca trail to Machu Picchu
- Private Toilet Tent With a Seat on the Toilet – Only For Our Group
- 2 Hour Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Rain Ponchos
- Afternoon Tea time
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Machu picchu and Wayna Picchu Mountain US.70 – will need to be booked way in advance, if you would like to add an extra hike. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- First breakfast and Last lunch – We will stop at Ollantaytambo for the first breakfast and have the last lunch at Aguas Calientes after the tour of Machu Picchu.
- VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train -This train runs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (Poroy) and it will cost you US.65 per person extra.
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Travel Insurance is essential.
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be hired from us).
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 70 recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for first day of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
* To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a university card, with current and updated date
* If desired train back to Cusco can be upgraded to Vistadome (+U$.65)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO TAKE:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Sleeping Bag – 5 seasons ($.25)
- Walking sticks ($.20)
Price & Add – ons
Group: U$: 780
Private: U$: 850
Group versus Private Treks: What’s the difference?
- Depending on the number of people in your booking, additional people may join the trek to make a full group.
- If you choose “private”, no additional people will be joining your group, no matter the size.
- Minimum booking size is two people; one person may book a group trek if Pacha Expeditions Travel Peru, is able to join that person with additional groups.
- In the private service, a minimum of 02 travelers is needed.
- Under 18 years Discount: U$: 20
- Under 07 years Discount: U$: 35
- Hiking poles – USD $15 (pair)
- Return Vistadome train – U$: 50 per person
- Return Hiram Bingham train– U$: 380 per person
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel (5-star hotel) – U$: 245 Per person
- Tierra viva Machu Picchu (3+ star hotel) – U$: 50 Per person
Map (Inca Trail)
Javier fue extremadamente atento, nos consiguió el paquete completo a pesar de haber buscado entradas a destiempo, logró conseguirnos los tickets a Machu Picchu y sobre todo al área de... read more
August 6, 2022
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries