Machu Picchu Connection Tour, the Sacred Valley was undoubtedly a key area of establishment of the Incas. Its pleasant climate and fertile plains make a rare and fruitful combination for the Andes. It has an altitude of 2.800 meters and combines the charm of the beautiful landscape with very important Incas Archaeological Complex. This was also the route to the jungle and therefore an area with access to fruit and plants of the tropical lowlands.
It’s a new way to visit Machu Picchu without the need to return to the city of Cusco. And have more time to enjoy the wonder of the Andes Machu Picchu. So Pacha Expeditions offers this new option and I recommend it.
Machu Picchu connection is a good option to visit the city of Machu Picchu without wasting time, this Machu Picchu connection option is suitable for groups of friends, families, and for anyone who wants to enjoy the magic of the Inca city.
Departure: Everyday from : 07.30.a.m.
*Difficulty level depends very much on your fitness and acclimatization.
- Starting place – Cusco
- Places to Visit – Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
- Altitude of the tour – 3,400 / 2,000 meters
- Means of transport – Bus / on foot
- Places to visit – Archaeological groups
- Number of days – 2 days
- Temperature – Day – 18 C ° Night – 07 C °
- General difficulty – Moderate
Overview Day to Day
- Day 01 – CUSCO – PISAC – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
- Day 02.- AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Day 01 – CUSCO – PISAC – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
Machu Picchu Connection Tour : We will leave Cusco around 07.30 or 8.00, to head to Pisac to see our first Inca constructions. In Pisac, you can still see the magnificent architecture and ancient Incan temples building is impressive. Our guided tour of Pisac lasts about 2 hours before returning to the valley to visit the colorful local market and traditional where you can buy traditional textiles at low prices. After our visit to the market, our journey continues through the beautiful Sacred Valley, across the valley will see cornfields, our next destination is Urubamba where we arrive at approximately 13:00 pm to enjoy lunch (optional) on one local restaurants.
From Urubamba you are only 30 the last Inca place, Ollantaytambo. This place was built with pink granite rocks and is another great example of Inca architecture. Take a look at the second time of the Incas (90 tons) that was used as part of the Sun Temple, after his journey biggest rock, you have more time to walk around the place before dinner in any of the local restaurants before heading to the train station, which is a 15 minute walk; the train will depart at 19:00 to Aguas Calientes, and is a 2 hour trip. The train ride is impressive, with very comfortable seating.
Arriving at Aguas Calientes (2000m / 6000 feet above sea level) , our representative will meet you outside the train station to take you to your hotel.
Day 02.- AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
After breakfast at the hotel, the bus (it takes 25 minutes) by a zigzag path, to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is addressed. Buses begin to depart at 5:30 am (as soon as they fill, leave). If you do not mind taking the bus and prefer to walk along the Inca Trail, just let your guide show the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, which will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Once in Machu Picchu, you will have a private guided tour of 2 hours. Then you have more time to explore the city on your own. If you have reserved a permit to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, or if you want to walk to the Puerta del Sol which is a rise of 1 hour (is free and available for everyone) is ideal for those postcard images City can do after the tour. Then you have to go back to Aguas Calientes to board the train back to the town of Ollantaytambo and then return to the city of Cusco by bus.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Sacred Valley Tour
- Buffet lunch
- Transfer Hotel – Train Station – Hotel
- Train Ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Expedition Service)
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu 1D
- Hotel – Aguas Calientes
- Official Guide Service in English and Spanish
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu.
- Others who are not mentioned above.
- Expenses extras.(tips)
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Extra money.
- Sun hat
- Warm coat
- Gloves, hat and scarf
- Rain jacket / poncho (for safety)
- DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:* If you are a student with a valid student card, please let us know because you will benefit from a discount on the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Wayna Picchu (U$: 20)Tickets
- Sacred Valley tickets (S/. 130 SOLES)
Price & Add – ons
Group: U$: 450
Private: U$: 500
Group versus Private Treks: What’s the difference?
- Depending on the number of people in your booking, additional people may join the trek to make a full group.
- If you choose “private”, no additional people will be joining your group, no matter the size.
- Minimum booking size is two people; one person may book a group trek if Pacha Expeditions Travel Peru, is able to join that person with additional groups.
- Under 18 years Discount: U$: 20
- Under 07 years Discount: U$: 35
- Return Vistadome train – U$: 50 per person
- Return Hiram Bingham train– U$: 380 per person
- Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel (5-star hotel) – U$: 245 Per person
- Tierra viva Machu Picchu (3+ star hotel) – U$: 50 Per person
Muchas gracias por los servicios prestados, quedamos muy satisfechos y regresamos muy contentos a nuestra ciudad, recomendaremos por su trabajo a nuestros familiares y amigos, fue un placer conocerlos y... read more
January 1, 1970
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries