Enjoy the Short Inca Trail and the city of Machu Picchu in 2 days if you have little time (or energy). Take a train trip through the valley of the Vilcanota River enjoying the flora and fauna of the landscape. On this tour you can visit beautiful places, such as Chachabamba and ‘Wiñay Wayna’, and arrive at MACHU PICCHU in just 2 days. Our short Inca Trail service is perfect for families, groups of friends, newlyweds. Our groups are small, so you can receive all the attention of our professional guides, for this trip you do not need to carry all your things, just a small backpack and to walk . Inca Trail Availability.
Keep in mind that the level of difficulty depends largely on your physical condition and acclimatization.
When you book your Inca Trail with Pacha Expeditions, you are choosing the best one. ¿Do not you believe us? Check out our comments on TripAdvisor !: Pacha Expeditions Day Tours.
We offer daily departures: Check The Inca Trail Availability Here.
- Starting Altitude – 2,100m / 6889.ft.
- Highest Altitude – 2,600m / 8530.ft.
- Hiking Distance – 11,km / 7. ml
- Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Acomodation – Hotel
- Overall Difficulty – Moderate
Overview Day to Day
- Day 01: Cusco – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu.
- Day 02: Machu Picchu Tour – Cusco
The availability of the Inca road of 2 days, is very different, from the availability of the classic inca trail 4 dyas, we offer daily availability with small groups, minimum 2 tourists. We wait for you, make your reservation with us.
Day 01: Cusco – Wiñay Wayna – Machu Picchu.
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. We pick you up very early from your hotel, and in our private transport we take you to the train station. We travel by train, on a very picturesque route for 2 hours until we reach kilometer 104 – beginning of the short Inca trail to Machu Picchu. From here, we have a walk of approximately 3 hours to the Inca Wiñay Wayna (“Forever Young”) site (2680m / 8792ft). This place is considered the most impressive of the Inca Trail in general. Here we will have our cold lunch.
We will then continue on to ‘Inti Punku’ (‘Sun gate’) (2730m/8792ft) from where you will have your first dramatic, panaromic view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We will walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. On this day, we walk through Machu Picchu, getting a ‘taster’ for the tour the next day! We finish the day going down to Aguas Calientes to have dinner and rest.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner.
- Accommodation: Private hotel.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Day 02: Machu Picchu Tour – Cusco.
We have breakfast and then take the first bus (6am) up to Machu Picchu. Your guide gives a walking tour and after this, you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you have energy, you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m / 8890ft)! (It takes about 45 minutes to reach the top.)
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) for lunch and to be given your train tickets back to Cusco. The train usually leaves at 3.55pm and we will arrive back in Cusco at about 8.45pm.
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu. You can also go to the thermal springs in the town a real treat after finishing the trail!
- Meals: Breakfast & Lunch.
- Difficulty: Easy.
It is no longer possible to camp, for walkers on a 2 day and 1 night tour. All the people on this tour spend the night in Aguas Calientes; The closest town to Machu Picchu. (According to regulations)
* Difficulty level (Easy) depends very much on your fitness and acclimatization.
Our Service Includes:
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide (accompanies you on tourist train to starting point)
- Pick up from hotel to train station and viceversa
- Round-trip train (Expedition service)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 1 breakfast, 1box-lunch, and 1 dinner (breakfast on day 1 and lunch in Aguas Calientes are not included)
- 1 Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town
- 1 Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot showers, private barth and breakfast included)
- Oxygen bottle
- First Aid kit
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Hiking poles (can be rented from us)
- Breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 2
- Tip for your guide
- Huayna Picchu Mountain permit
- Travel insurance
IMPORTATNT: Hotel to be used in Aguas Calientes is Presidente (hot showers + private bath+ breakfast) or another similar; this can be upgraded if desired.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Travel Insurance is essential
- Walking boots
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Confortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for first 4 hours of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Insect repellent
- Personal medicación
* To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a university card, with current and updated date
* If desired train back to Cusco can be upgraded to Vistadome (+$.30)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO TAKE:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Day Bag (U$:20).
- Walking sticks (U$.20).
IMPORTANT: Prices depend on the service you hire and the number of people. You have to be flexible with your travel dates (giving alternatives of 1 or 2 days on each side of the preferred date), the availability for specific dates can change quickly since there are only 500 spaces on the Inca Trail per day
Map (Inca Trail)
El Valle Sagrado tiene un encanto particular, pueblos tradicionales y puntos arqueológicos importantes, es interesante conocer las huellas que dejaron nuestros antepasados. Excelente la atención y cuidados recibidos por Javier... read more
January 1, 1970
Muchas gracias por los servicios prestados, quedamos muy satisfechos y regresamos muy contentos a nuestra ciudad, recomendaremos por su trabajo a nuestros familiares y amigos, fue un placer conocerlos y... read more
January 1, 1970
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries