Humantay lake trek, this tour is a new option for people who like hiking and nature and do not have many days, on the route we will appreciate beautiful landscapes, crops of different products such as corn, avocado, pumpkin and other products of the Limatambo Valley. The Humantay lake trek is located at 4300 meters above sea level with a turquoise coloration, at the foot of the Humantay mountain or Apu Humantay, tam, so you can enjoy the impressive Salkantay mountain in the place.
Walking through these natural landscapes is very comforting, this is where the body comes into contact with nature, we can renew our energy, enjoy a peace and tranquility unique with Mother Earth. Enjoy the Humantay lake trek. These Andean landscapes create a fantastic scenario where you can practice different sports activities
*Difficulty level depends very much on your fitness and acclimatization.
- Overall trek distance: 8 km / 17.3 miles
- Starting altitude: 3,800 m / 14,370 ft
- Maximum altitude: 4,300 m / 16,466 ft
- Acomodation: Turistic bus
- Overall trek difficulty: Challenging
Day 01: Mollepata – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake.
Early in the morning we will pick you up at your hotel, approximate time: 4:15 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. to continue with our trip for 02 hours until we reach the town of Mollepata where we will enjoy a typical breakfast in the area.
After breakfast we will continue our trip in the transport, by a highway observing very beautiful landscapes until arriving at the base camp of Soraypampa (3,800.msnm) here we will be able to observe the most important mountains of the area the Apu salkantay and Humantay, also the beautiful landscape that it surrounds it.
Soraypampa starting point of our walk, here our professional guide will begin with the explanation of the area and the necessary recommendations and a prudent time to prepare our equipment such as canes, water bottles, personal backpack etc. to then start the trek through the mountain that will last approximately 1.30 hours with a gradual rise
Towards the Humantay lagoon at an altitude of 4,250 m.s.
When you arrive at this beautiful Humantay lagoon, you will have all the time necessary to be able to enjoy the landscape and its natural beauty
Here our guide will give an explanation about the area since it is part of the mountain range of the Andes chain that crosses all South America, it will also make a demonstration of the use of the coca leaf and a small offering to our Apus (Sacred Mountains) that they allowed us to arrive.
After all this beautiful adventure we will begin the descent by the same road until we reach (Soraypampa). Here we will board the bus to return to the town of Mollepata where we will enjoy our lunch and then return to the city of Cusco, arriving at approximately 18:30.p.m
DEPARTURES: Daily: 04:00 to 17:00
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up from hotel
- Tourist transport to mollepata- soraypampa – Cusco
- Professional guide service.
- Snack for the road.
- Oxygen bottle First aid kit
- Walking sticks
- Vegetarian / special dietary options available
- Official Guide Service in English and Spanish
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- horse services
- Personal expenses
- Expenses extras.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Extra money.
- Sun hat
- Tourist ticket (not included in price)
- Sunscreen (factor 70 recommended)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Extra money
- Rain jacket / poncho (for safety)
- DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:* If you are a student with a valid student card, please let us know because you will benefit from a discount on the entrance ticket
Price & Add – Ons
Group: U$: 50
Private: U$: 100
Group versus Private Treks: What’s the difference?
- Depending on the number of people in your booking, additional people may join the trek to make a full group.
- If you choose “private”, no additional people will be joining your group, no matter the size.
- Minimum booking size is two people; one person may book a group trek if Pacha Expeditions Travel Peru, is able to join that person with additional groups.
- Hiking poles – U$: 10 (pair)
- Extra Horse – U$: 100.
Muchas gracias por los servicios prestados, quedamos muy satisfechos y regresamos muy contentos a nuestra ciudad, recomendaremos por su trabajo a nuestros familiares y amigos, fue un placer conocerlos y... read more
January 1, 1970
Cerramos todos los paseos con él (montaña de colores, machu pichu, laguna humantay, valle sagrado y salineras), y todos fueron geniales. Javier fue muy atento, explicó sobre los paseos y... read more
January 1, 1970
Positive Impact Travel
By joining this trip, you are directly supporting a project with a positive impact, with the Goal of Sustainable and responsible Development for future generations.
The earnings that Pacha Expeditions receives, for each of our tours, a percentage is destined to support various Andean communities. Pacha Expeditions organizes activities for the benefit of the local community, for children and adults, throughout the year.
Our projects are backed by local authorities and with internationally recognized standards and are audited by third parties. Which imply positive impacts on the beneficiaries