SALKANTAY BIKING TOUR
New and surprising! Salkantay Biking Tour to Machu Picchu, Looking for a different adventure of pure adrenaline enjoy the wonder of the Andes and the city of Machu Picchu, we offer this new option Salkantay bike enjoy this adventure, Salkantay! (Wild Mountain) enjoys a different perspective, crossing mountains, valleys, forests and rivers.
* Difficulty level depends a lot on your fitness and acclimatization.
DAY 01: MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA.
We pick you up from your hotel and travel by bus about 03 hours to Mollepata (2.700.msnm) where we have a technique for breakfast and to use the restrooms and make last-minute shopping, then continue to Sayllapata place to begin our tour. This place will use bicycles to Soraypampa lunch spot, after lunch visit the Laguna de Humaytay where the scenery is spectacular and the evening will continue with a hike of 2 hours Soyrococha campsite.
Meals: Lunch – tea – Dinner
Accommodation facilities: Camp
Minimum height: 2.700 m
Maximum altitude: 4,400 m
Distance: 09 km / 7 miles
Time: 5 hours approx
DAY 02: SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN.
Early we start, our breakfast will be at 5.30am and begin our adventure at 07.30. We will have a walk of about 40 minutes to reach the salkantay step (4.600.msnm) of this point begin the descent on bicycles on a path of adrenaline and adventure, we will have a 3 hour downhill to reach Chaullay this is a small town, a place where you control the bikes to continue for 2 hours at the beach where we have lunch and then continue to santa teresa place overnight.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Tea – Dinner
Camping facilities: Accommodations
Minimum height: 1500 m
Maximum altitude: 4620 m
Distance: 35km / 15 miles
Time: approx 7h
DAY 03: THE FOREST CLOUDY.
After breakfast, at 6: 30 we continue our journey this day we will tour the Zip line for about 2 hours and then continue on our bikes to the Hydroelectric where we have lunch. After lunch we will start a walk through a very beautiful place for approximately 2 hours to the town of Aguas Calientes where we spend the night.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
Facilities Accommodation Hostel
Minimum height: 1,500 m
Maximum altitude: 2000 m
Distance: 18 km / 5 miles
Time: Approximately 5h.
DAY 04: MACHU PICCHU.
We will have breakfast at the hotel and then go to the bus station and we can get on the first bus to the city, about 25 minutes on a winding road to reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. The guide will offer a visit (about 2 hours) and after that, you have free time to explore the city and if you still have energy, you can also climb Huayna Picchu mountain (2720m). It takes 45 minutes to get to the top.
To return to Aguas Calientes has 2 options, on foot or by bus (optional), where we boarded the train back to Cusco.
Maximum height: 2440 m
The train service that includes all tours (Expedition to Ollanta) and bus to Cusco.
* If you want to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes you have to tell us in advance to arrange your hotel and change the return train service,
* AVAILABILITY MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN AND HUAYNAPICCHU.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Professional and bilingual guide
- Pick up from hotel
- Transport Cusco – Mollepata – Sayllapata.
- Transportation return: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu / Machu Picchu (Optional)
- Food: 03 breakfasts / 04 lunches / 03 dinners.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 2 person tents
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment and up to 07 kilos of belongings of the tourists)
- 01 nights in tents – 02 nights in hostel
- Oxygen bottling.
- First aid kit
- Vegetarian diet available.
** Train included in all tours is (Ollanta Service Expedition) was confirmed only after payment of the full amount of the tour. The former train can take is 16: 20.pm and be the last train at 18:20. Pacha Expeditions, organize transportation to Cusco (by taxi or bus).
Note: train schedules are subject to depending on Peru rail schedule and availability changes. The train can be changed to Vista dome (larger than the windows of the expedition train) with an increase in price.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Original passport and student card
- Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag.
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- shirts, comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sun Protection Factor 50
- Insect repellent
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Personal medications
- The camera and battery.
- Flashlight with extra batteries
OPTIONAL TO TAKE:
- Flips flops
- Extra money
- swimwear hot springs in Santa Teresa / Aguas Calientes – Not included in the price.
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED):
- Backpack Small ($.15)
- Personal Tent ($.35)
- Room Simple ($.60)