Current restrictions on the classic Inca trail, and the high demand of travelers visiting Peru, make the reservation of the classic Inca Trail increasingly difficult. However, as a local company we offer travelers a different hiking alternative.
Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu, This trek has all the components you expect in a trekking through the Andes of South America: the landscapes are breathtaking, there are opportunities to interact in the communities and with local people, visit small and lesser known Inca archaeological sites.
The total distance climbed on this trek is 26 km, the maximum altitude reached is 4,450 meters above sea level. This walk you can reserve it without any problem, you do not need government permits to walk. You decide here!
Overall distance hiked: 32 km/ 20 miles
Starting altitude: 3,205 m / 10,512 ft.
Maximum altitude: 4,457 m/ 14,619 ft.
Overall trek difficulty: Moderate
DAY 1.- CUSCO – SOQMA – QORIMARCA.
We pick you up very early from your hotel to head to Choquequilla, a small ceremonial place where the Incas used to worship the moon. A short drive from here takes us to Rafq’a, the starting point of our hike and where we meet with our support team who will accompany us during the hike. After approx. 1 hour of walking we arrive at the small community of Soqma.
Continuing with the walk you will reach the waterfall of Perolniyoc. This is a perfect opportunity to take pictures of the place and the landscape that surrounds it and perfect for a break.
From here we continue to our camp, at 3700 meters above sea level. All is well, we must arrive at our camp at lunch time. After lunch we set off to explore the archeological area of Q’orimarca, which served as a checkpoint during the Inca period.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Lowest height: 3,205 m / 10,512 feet
Highest height: 4,450 m / 14,596 ft
Distance walking: 14 km / 08 miles
Approximate walking time: 6 to 8 hours
Level of difficulty: moderate
DAY 2.- QORIMARKA – KUYCHICASSA – CHOQUETACARPO.
After an Andean breakfast, we will begin the most difficult but most rewarding part of the walk. A 3 hour walk takes us to the top of the first pass, known as Puccaqasa (approximately 4370 meters). After enjoying the views of the valley and the surrounding landscape we walked for 30 minutes to get to our lunch spot.
After lunch and brief rest we started the 2 hour hike again to the highest step of the hike: Kuychicassa (4450 meters).
From here we begin a descent for 2 hours to a site that the Incas called Willka Punku, (meaning Sacred Gate) with imposing views over the sacred valley below and the mountain Veronica on the horizon.
Our camp is located in Choquetacarpo with beautiful views of the sacred valley and the Inca village of Ollantaytambo (3600m)
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Highest height: 4,650 m / 15,298 ft
Campsite pitch: 3,850 m / 12,628 ft
Walking distance: 08 km / 4 miles
Approximate walking time: 06 hours
Level of difficulty: Challenging
DAY 3.- CHOQUETACARPO – CACHIKATA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
This day we can observe the sunrise and after a delicious breakfast we will start the trek downhill and we can visit the cachiqata quarries, where the Incas extracted lithic blocks for the construction of the village of ollantaytambo, we will witness the work that the Incas could not complete due to To the Spanish conquest.
Approximately noon we finally reached the village of ollantaytambo and end of this challenging and fascinating walk. We will have lunch in a typical restaurant in the area and then we will hike through Ollantaytambo. In the afternoon we travel by train to the town of Aguas Calientes, accommodation and overnight.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Highest height: 3,850 m / 12,628 ft
Lowest Altitude: 2,792 m / 9,158 ft
Walking distance: 07km / 3 miles
Approximate walking time: 05 hours
Level of difficulty: Easy
DAY 4.- AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
This day breakfast will be at your hotel very early (5.30.am) and then we will board the bus with direction of the city of Machu Picchu (approximately 30 minutes). Once in the city we will be able to observe the sunrise, Guided visit of 2.30 hours approximately once the tour ends you will have time to explore the city on your own.
In the afternoon we will return to Aguas Calientes by bus, to board the train back to Ollantaytambo, and from this place we will have a bus to the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
Highest height: 2,440 m / 8,052 ft
Lowest Height: 2,040 m / 6,691 ft
- Pre-departure information at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek from Quarry Inca trek to Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (additional guide for groups of nine or more)
- Pick up from your hotel and transport to Soqma
- Tent of four people for every 2 people.
- Inflatable mattress
- Cook shop
- Dining room with tables and chairs
- Arriero and horses to carry the whole equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc)
- Horse to carry 8 kg of your personal equipment
- Bag for your personal equipment
- Emergency horse in case we need it
- Three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners
- Hot water every morning boiled and cold water to fill the water bottles.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical equipment.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes (double occupancy)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Round bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- Sleeping bag – you can rent one of us
- Day 1 Breakfast
- Day 4 Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Tips (guide, cook, horseman)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original passport (if you have purchased a new one after making your reservation, bring both)
- Sleeping bag synthetic or feather down (can be rented from us)
- Clothing (trekking boots, warm wool jacket, tops, some t-shirts, socks, sun hat, thermal underwear, long pants, gloves, poncho, waterproof jacket)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wipes, personal towel)
- Solar block, factor 50+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries
- Book to read (you will have some time in each camp to read your favorite book)
- Trekking poles (especially recommended for steep descents, can be rented from us)
- Insect repellent
- Hiking Sticks – US $ 20.00 (pair)
- Sleeping Bag – US $ 25.00
- Private Tent – US $ 30.00
Your Content Goes Here